ReviewsNo reviews yet
Of the 44 officially recognized countries in Europe, few if any are less well-known from a travel perspective than Ukraine and Moldova. Yet both have much to offer those looking for a truly fascinating and enlightening travel experience much nearer to home than you might otherwise have expected to be possible.
From stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites at Lviv and Chernivtsi to the traditional Hutsul people of the Carpathians and the vast wineries of Cricova, this journey traverses steppe lands and beautiful mountains to reach the shores of the Black Sea at Odesa. Along the way we’ll discover ancient fortresses, medieval towns, and traditional villages. We’ll also visit the Moldovan self-declared republic of Transnistria, which seems caught in a time-warp and is perhaps one of the oddest places in Europe.
Of course, you can travel to the far ends of the earth...but when destinations as rewarding as these are so near, they deserve not to be neglected. So be sure to visit soon before the inevitable influences of the West dilute their unique character.
### Highlights: ###
* Discover Belarus’s Soviet Modernist architecture, picturesque palaces, and huge truck factory
* Hike amongst the highlands of Sheshory, Ukraine, home to the well-preserved Hutsul culture
* Spend time in the haunting atmosphere of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, Ukraine
* Wander through Moldova’s immense underground wine cellars, the largest in the world
* See the impressive castle of Kamyanets-Podilsky and Residence of the Metropolitans in Ukraine
* Roam the cobbled streets of Lviv and Kiev, Ukraine, in search of UNESCO sites
### Tour Includes: ###
* Full services of a Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
* 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 13 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
* All transport (minibusses, tuc tucs, and a privately chartered traditional Dahabiya or Sandal Nile cruise boat)
* 13 nights' accommodation in a combination of hotels and guesthouses
* All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions, and activities as per the itinerary
ALL OUR SMALL GROUP TOURS HAVE NO LOCAL PAYMENTS, HIDDEN EXTRAS, OR COMPULSORY SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS.