ReviewsNo reviews yet
No more ‘mum I’m bored’ – this fascinating and highly varied Thailand family tour ought to keep travellers of any age enthralled as you journey from the Chinatown backstreets and vibrant canal-life of Bangkok to the lush rainforests and spectacular scenery of the Peninsula and on to an unspoilt tropical island in the Gulf of Thailand.
On our 2-week tour of southern Thailand you’ll sleep in jungle tree houses, floating raft houses, a night train and chalets at a beachside resort; meet some of the exceptionally friendly residents and sample plenty of the world-renowned food in the markets and pavement cafes where the locals eat.
A few of the many highlights include taking a local train over Kanchanaburi’s Bridge on the River Kwai and along the infamous ‘Death Railway’ followed by a kayaking trip down the river itself. Heading south we’ll spend 3 days exploring spectacular Khao Sok National Park with a jungle nature hike, bathing with elephants, river tubing and travelling by boat through the awe-inspiring karst scenery of Cheow Lan Lake. Our tour finishes on secluded and unspoilt Koh Thalu – a pristine tropical island in the Gulf of Thailand – where snorkelling, hiking, sailing and sea kayaking are just some of the menu items.
An exciting tour of authentic Thailand that combines both the famous sites and ‘hidden secrets’ while offering plenty of varied activities at a relaxed pace. Please note that the tour is a private family tour, for a minimum of 4 persons, and as such departure dates are at your own convenience while programme details are fully flexible according to your family’s likes, dislikes and age group.
1. Discover Bangkok - famous sites, temples and markets as well as the hidden parts that few visitors ever see
2. Train ride across the Bridge on the River Kwai and a kayaking expedition down the jungle-lined river itself
3. Stay in a jungle treehouse, floating raft houses on the River Kwai and a beach resort on a tropical island
4 Trek through the tropical rain-forest and check out the lush flora and fauna of Khao Sok National Park
5. Stay on the secluded and unspoilt tropical island of Koh Thalu on Thailand's sheltered Gulf coast
6. Sample the superb Thai food in street stalls, markets, jungle picnics and local restaurants where Thais eat!
1. Extend your tour with a few days exploring Thailand’s northern capital, Chiang Mai
2. Add on a day to visit the ancient Siamese capital, now World Heritage site, Ayuthaya
3. Fly Bangkok to Siem Reap for a detour via the fabulous ruined temples of Angkor
Note, this is a private family tour for a minimum of 4 persons and includes certain meals (local-style), local flights and accommodation in boutique-style 3* hotels.